3.17.2009

SPRING BREAK 09

One of the benefits of working at a campus ministry (and there are many) is the holiday schedule. So, last week was spring break for the students - that means, it was also spring break for us! Deborah, Fields, and I had a brilliant week! We went to a lake house for a few days to relax, took a two days trips (Greenville, SC and Chimney Rock, NC), and did some major cleaning/rearranging at our house. It was a blast, and we were very thankful for the time to get some things accomplished!

On a personal note, I registered for what should be my LAST TWO CLASSES OF SEMINARY!!!!! Praise Jesus!! Do not get me wrong, I have appreciated all that I have learned and gained through Asbury, but on the other side of things - well, it has been 5 full years already! If everything is set and goes through as planned, I should graduate in August!

Life is good for the Kirklands - Fields is working his way through teething pretty well, Deborah and I are doing well, and the weather in Athens is finally making a turn for the better. Spring time here is quite delightful!

Here are some pics to give you a visual for a spring break...


clay for the Kirklands





7 comments:

Kristi said...

You guys look great! Fields' fro is amazing! We have a Phil & Ted's too...don't you love it??

clay kirkland said...

yes...its AMAZING!!!!!

Pamela said...

great pictures...i love the last one...looks professional :)

way to go on taking advantage of the break and spending so much time together as a family.

Hannah Hoffmann said...

I found your blog through Kate's, and I am so glad!! Fields is precious, I absolutely love the hair. Eli's hair did that until it got long enough to lay down. We were sad when that happened. Glad to see ya'll are doing well!

Micah and Shireen said...

Love it!! Clay, don't lie...you know you are spiking fields hair to be like his daddy! Hope y'all are well. Miss ya!

April said...

he's just the cutest thing! the hair...like everyone else said...it's my favorite! let me know if y'all ever need a sitter! i would love it!! :o)

Tammy Ma said...

oh my goodness! Fields is adorable, love the hair, ha ha. I am so excited about Fields' soon-to-arrive sibling! Congratulations from us here!! I told Santhiya, and her eyes got big and she said, 'again? I didn't even pray for them to have another one. So nice'. Ha ha. God is good.