5.27.2009

Suffering in Orlando

By my title, some might think that it is nearly impossible to suffer in 'sunny Orlando.' Believe me, things are so bad here - my class is not terribly boring, I finish this one and then its down to the one online class this summer before I graduate, etc. However, this class, which I needed for graduation, happened to fall on the same week that we do the Kirkland Family vacation in Amelia Island!!!!! So, while I am sitting in a classroom for 8 hours a day, my family is sitting at the pool/beach for 8 hours a day.

The fortunate part is that I was able to be there for a few days with them. My class didnt start till Tuesday, and everyone gathered in Amelia on Saturday. Deborah, Fields, and I also had the chance to go to St. Simons for two days with some good friends last week. Thus, I had a bit of a vacation, but it still is tough knowing what I am missing!

Below are some pictures of the family beach trip. Fields, just so you know, LOVES THE WATER! Pool and ocean are welcoming to our little man. Also, Deborah texted me today and told me that she felt the baby kick this morning!!!!

clay for the kirklands







2 comments:

Caren said...

Yay!!! to all of the above!! EXCEPT you being in orlando and not at amelia!!
So excited about little baby kicking!!

KateVonGlahn said...

Yep it's sad. But the end of school is near so it is worth it!