1.30.2009

Dang!

Well, so far I have not done too well on my new year's resolutions. My activator (strengthsfinder reference) gave me all kind of ideas, but so far I have not followed through! I still have two days in January, so I have the opportunity to make three total posts during this month!

I just spent a week in Orlando at an intensive seminary class, and I have a small break between the J-term and my spring classes. ONLY FOUR MORE AND I WILL BE A SEMINARY GRADUATE!!!!!! I can taste that sweetness of not having books, papers, and deadlines looming over me - five years is a long time to wear that yoke!

Wesley has started back and we have returned to having our services in our building. Last semester was great at the Classic Center, but we are back home and loving it. We turn the prayer chapel into an overflow room where we have live worship and a piped in video feed of Bob preaching. It has gone really well the past three weeks. Our hope is to rent a room in the New student center that will be more convenient to our students and less of a financial burden on our ministry.

OK...Fields is crying....

Till tomorrow,

Clay for the Kirklands

3 comments:

steve and randel hambrick said...

expecting two more... :)

any plans for marietta? i have deb's books...

KateVonGlahn said...

I like the updates. Keep em coming!

Paula Chambers said...

Clay,
You and Debra are such an inspiration to our family and we pray God will continue to bless and protect you as you continue to serve Him.
Give Fields a hug for us and know you are all three in out prayers.

In Christ,
Paula Chambers